Yep, I did it.
I packed up my things and decided to move – from Blogger to WordPress – and I have to admit, I really like the new view. I’ve used WordPress before; back when I was setting up department websites at Brighton High School in 2005. Those were pre-iPhone days. Let’s just say WordPress has come a looong way since then. And so have many other things.
Here’s the process I followed to make the move:
- Decide to move. This step took the longest. Blogger’s weak trackback/pingback support sealed the deal.
- Purchase hosting.
- Purchase a domain name. I’d held out until now because I honestly didn’t know which name to select. I didn’t want .com because I intend to keep this site ad-free. I didn’t want .org because I’m not an org – I’m just me. And so I landed on drapestak.es. A little weird, I know, but a lot easier to type.
- Install WordPress, install a theme, configure.
- Tweak disqus. It’s still a little buggy, but I knew that going in.
- Delete my practice posts and comments. Write this “first” post.
- Write my final post for http://drapestakes.blogspot.com/.
- Update my Feedburner configuration to this new address.
- Publish this post, welcoming you here!
I hope you’ll enjoy yourself while we learn together. I’ve appreciated all the help and learning my seven readers have provided in the past. Let’s keep the streak rolling strong!